Makeup is art. It is a creative outlet! Fashionable, functional, fun or a fundamental part of your day, this blog aims to explore makeup technique, style, trends, products and the like. Here ANYthing goes: ANY style, ANY idea, ANY time, ANY HUE...
Purple, Gold, Bronze and Blue* All at once? Don't mind if I do!!!
I'm loving this blended tie dye eye for the summer...what do you think?
(Apologies for the pic quality. Stay tuned for new and improved photos!)
*all shadows used came in my monthly Ipsy sample bag and are BH Cosmetic's California Collection with the exception of the blue, which is from ELF's 144 color shadow palette*
1. Use your favorite long lasting black eyeliner to create the desired shape from the outer corner of your top lid (I like to use a kind of v/wishbone shape following the crease of my lid).
2. Use a blending brush to blend/soften your liner (brushing towards the inner eye and lash line).
3. Choose a black or dark grey eyeshadow and apply directly over top of the liner and extending it towards the center of the lid with your blending brush.
4. Apply black liner to the lower lash line (making sure to connect to to the top lash line).
5. Use a blending brush to blend/soften your lower lash line and create continuity with your top lid.
6. Use your black or dark grey shadow and apply directly over the top of the liner on your lower lid, blending as you go, and adding more shadow anywhere you'd like more drama.
7. Finish with your favorite mascara!